Solstice Supportive Living
Adult Recovery Residence
It takes imagination and hope to start a recovery journey. And yes, it takes time. But what else? An environment set up for a rock solid recovery foundation.
The transition from one lifestyle and norm into a new one is difficult. According to SAMHSA, “The first 12 months of this transitional period prior to the onset of sustained full remission, sometimes referred to as early recovery, is a crucial period during which people contend with raw core clinical issues such as family history, unresolved trauma, grief and loss, emotional immaturity, low frustration tolerance, and other factors that make them susceptible to relapse.” However, Moos & Moos (2006) determined that individuals with more ‘social capital’ are more likely to show improved outcomes for short term remission. Therefore, supportive living homes with trained personnel are uniquely qualified to assist individuals in all phases of recovery, especially those in early recovery, by furnishing social capital and recovery support. Regardless of the diagnosis or history, recovery from mental illness or addiction takes a change of environment. Even if it’s just for a month, a change of environment offers endless possibilities in terms of insight, judgment, impulse control, self-awareness and motivation. The routines we develop in a different environment can translate back to where we direct our time, goals, affection, energy and more. Our recovery residence is different from your traditional sober living. Look far and wide in Orange County and you will not find anything like our structure and support.
The Solstice Pacific Supportive Living includes:
- Substance free accountability and testing
- Accountability for medication management 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Accountability for daily routines
- A Recovery Community with Sunday dinner shared weekly - provided by Solstice
- Clean and beautiful ocean view living space that is shared to amplify what is learned in PHP and IOP
Note: The Supportive Living Guest responsible for food (other than Sunday dinner) and transportation. You have ample parking and 2 food bins marked for your personal use.
Polcin (2009) found significant improvements in abstinence and employment rates, as well as a reduction in the number of arrest rates for those residents who also participated in outpatient treatment for substance use disorder(s). SAMHSA explains, 76% of the residents that participated in this study remained domiciled in a recovery house for at least five months. For many, the combination of recovery housing with evidenced-based outpatient treatment is an efficacious model of care.” For this reason, Solstice requires that any guest in our San Clemente supportive living has the following in place:
- Outpatient PHP, IOP (Outpatient Treatment can be substituted if Residential, PHP and IOP have been completed within the last 30 days)
- Two Emergency Contacts
- Participation in the weekly Sunday Family Dinner (5P-7P)
- Shared responsibility leading the 5x weekly peer group. Work, meetings, etc., need to be coordinated around this 7:30A-8:15A meeting.
- Personal oversight of laundry - communicating with peers to share use of the washer and dryer.
- Completion of assigned chore daily before 7:30A. The chore board is next to the pantry.
- Submission of weekly 6A-10P schedule to Operations Manager weekly by Friday at 5P for the following week.
- 4 weekly recovery meetings. Attendance confirmed weekly on Saturday at 8P. Attendance verified by signed Solstice card. Options include Celebrate Recovery or any anonymous group.
The structure, warmth and clean environment (physically, mentally and tangibly) of our supportive living is unparalleled. Solstice Leadership has over 20 years of experience in supportive living, recovery planning / recovery capital and building lives and families up. Many supportive living or recovery residences in California offer beautiful beach front experiences.
While ours does offer a beautiful beach view and all the California trimmings: beach breeze, upscale, updated interiors, our primary asset is our experience helping others increase their quality of life by temporarily changing their environment and learning new routines while they learn some timeless truths.
Solstice San Clemente Supportive Living is a place for healing, a fresh start and accountability. Many have told us over the years that there is a big gap between knowing what they want and getting it. We exist to make that route more direct and help you risk manage along the way. It’s normal to have a hard time getting what you want. It’s normal to have detours when you embark on a journey. Solstice is here to give you the information and accountability you need to get the results you imagine, hope for and spend your time to achieve. Our supportive living environment is the gold standard for creating the habits you are born to love.